Last updated: 18 November 2020
In the course of carrying out our activities, The Renewable Energy Hub Pty Ltd (ACN 626 342 863) (we, us or our), and our subsidiaries and related bodies corporate, will collect, store, use and disclose personal information. We are committed to the protection of your personal information and to compliance with Australian privacy law.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
Types of personal information we collect and hold
We collect and hold personal information about individuals for the provision of our services (including our websites, mobile applications and other online platforms and services) and purposes connected to those services.
Consistent with the provision of our services, the types of personal information we may collect and hold includes:
- Identity and contact details – including individuals’ name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address;
- Payment details – if individuals’ purchase goods and/or services from us, payment card details (please note payment transactions are encrypted by the acquiring bank so we will not retain any payment card details submitted by you);
- Profile data – profile information, usernames, passwords and preference data, and related information for the purpose of account or password recovery; and
- Other information – text of communications gathered in the course of our interaction with you, including where you comment within our platforms and/or otherwise interact on live-chat, social media and emails, and other information from your interactions with us online, including IP address, URL’s, search histories and other associated information.
How we collect and hold personal information
We may collect personal information directly from you in the course of providing our services, from our website, mobile applications and other online platforms, and/or directly from you.
Personal information is held securely, is subject to various security protections and is held only for as long as the information remains relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
Purposes for which we hold, use and disclose personal information
We will not use or disclose personal information for any secondary purpose, unless that secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information, and you would reasonably expect the disclosure in the circumstances, or unless you consent to that use or disclosure.
The purposes for which we hold, use and disclose information include:
- conducting our business, which includes providing our services, or the services of a third party, to you;
- to communicate information about our products and services or third party products or services that may be of interest to you; and
- (where you have consented, if such consent is required by law) to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (including targeted advertisements) or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you;
- to improve and optimise our platforms (including our website and mobile application) and services;
- for our internal administrative, research, planning, marketing and product development purposes; and
- to comply with legal obligations.
We may also disclose personal information to third party technology and marketing partners, including but not limited to Mailchimp, Amazon Web Services, Facebook and Google (including Google Analytics) and other technology and marketing service providers.
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or negotiating contracts. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Other information and uses
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this Site.
Access and correction
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe personal information that we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may ask us to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that information. We will respond to your request and attempt to provide you with the data within 30 days of receipt of your request.
If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
Please direct all request for access and correction using the details set out in the Contact Us section below.
If you consider a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) has occurred, you may direct your query to our Privacy Officer using the details set out below and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website www.oaic.giv.au or by telephone on 1300 363 992.
Post: Attn: Privacy Officer
Renewable Energy Hub
Level 4, 115 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne VIC 3000