We’re hiring: Business Development Manager
Join us on the journey to net-zero
Renewable Energy Hub is a specialist advisory and technology solutions provider for carbon and energy markets. We’re building software solutions and providing expert advice to help accelerate the transition to low carbon future. We are a growing business that is part of the listed, global financial services firm Tradition Group.
This role will focus on building our sales pipeline and opportunities across the broader energy and carbon markets, with the supply market of project developers and the demand market of commercial and industrial energy buyers.
You will work in a small team environment, alongside experienced colleagues. This is an exciting opportunity in the Renewable Energy and Environmental Markets space with APAC’s market leading firm.
- Drive sales for decarbonisation strategy, carbon strategy, carbon procurement, structured energy procurement, wholesale contracting and renewable energy PPAs for demand side C&I customers.
- Drive sales of structured energy and carbon contracts for supply side projects.
- Grow our CORE Markets SaaS platform sales across the APAC region
- Work with the leadership and product teams to contribute to our strategy, and sales of the CORE Markets platform.
- Coordinate the pipeline of work and resourcing and manage the operational delivery across the team in collaboration with management.
- Support the target to build of a team to drive the business development and advisory delivery geared to the uptake of the CORE Markets tech products.
- Work with other team members to develop and articulate energy and carbon market services, and the product design team to inform the development of the CORE market tech solutions.
- A passionate individual looking to take responsibility for business results in a competitive, innovative market
- Analytical thinking, capacity to adjust focus in a changing, high pressure and competitive environment preferably with start-up experience
- Qualifications in finance, engineering, business, economics or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience including 3+ years with a large commercial/industrial energy user and/or 3+ years with an energy producer/trader/retailer
- Detailed understanding of the NEM (both wholesale and retail markets), carbon markets and the opportunities of the digital transformation of the market
- Exceptional Microsoft application skills especially Excel, PowerPoint.
- You have impeccable judgment and integrity, you are a team player, a lateral thinker, and a clear communicator
- An ambitious approach to the work environment and the ability to learn quickly and respond to incentives-based challenges
Additional capabilities that would be looked upon favourably:
- Extensive knowledge of retail energy, renewable energy markets, environmental markets, environmental commerce, carbon markets, climate change strategies and policies
- Start-up experience
To be considered for this role you must already be eligible to live and work in Australia.
As a start-up venture within a large global financial services firm, Renewable Energy Hub’s culture creates opportunities for innovation that will drive change across the energy and environment industry and ensure our competitiveness. We want to work with individuals who are excited by the opportunities presented by the transformation of the energy and carbon neutral system, and will bring their entrepreneurial spirit, tenacity and nous to everything they do.
The successful candidate will help to grow a product that delivers both commercial success and positive environmental benefits through helping to scale renewable energy.
We offer a competitive salary and remuneration package.
Sydney or Melbourne CBD location with flexible working arrangements
How to apply
Please provide a copy of your CV and a short cover letter addressing the above requirements.
Simply click here to apply
Receive our monthly Market Update in your inbox.